- count forward from the end of a rest break, never from within a work or rest period;
- count all periods of time (work time and rest time) in 15 minute blocks;
- count time periods of 24 hours or longer forward from the end of a relevant major rest break relevant to the period in your hours option.
The purpose of this feature is to ensure fleet operators are aware of these events from a WHS perspective. i.e. fatigue rules state that: A driver must not work in excess of 12/14 hours in a 24 hour period. It is important to keep in mind the following:
- the Warning does not indicate a breach under the current National Heavy Vehicle Legislation Fatigue “Counting rules”;
- the Warning does not require any action under the fatigue legislation and an operator could click on “No Action Required” in the Non Conformance Report (NCR) field without a negative impact on fatigue compliance.